Marko Nikolić is a Serbian photographer and conservation biologist
✧ ✧ ✧
Nature never goes out of style ~Author Unknown
Marko Nikolić is a wildlife and travel photographer who is a conservation biologist and a researcher by vocation.
At this moment he is a researcher at the the Faculty of Science and mathematics, University of Nis, where he is conducting his PhD research in the fields of conservation and population biology. His main focus is tackling the fundamental connections between human tradition, Slavic mythology and animal welfare. Over the last years he has received three grants for nature conservation projects from the Rufford Foundation, and is leading one of the longest monitoring programs in Serbia: Hermanns’ tortoise conservation monitoring.
Currently he is the head of a biological research NGO “Dr. Sava Petrović” within which he has led many conservation and monitoring projects on the territory of the republic of Serbia, but he was planning to do more … much more.
His love of photography and videography combined with his passion about conservation lead to many successful and interesting collaborations with experts andinstitutions, such as the Institute for Nature Conservation of Serbia, the National television (RTS) and many more.
These collaborations took him to beautiful destinations, all of which he is presenting here trough Adventure, Travel, Landscape, Wildlife and Lifestyle photography. The content of this website is inspired by the powerful beauty of nature, and it tells very powerful stories about the places, people and wild species united in their own uniqueness.
If you have any commissions or interesting collaboration proposals for research, conservation and photography/videography projects, please feel free to contact him with any enquiries. (Wherever you are in the world map).
✧ ✧ ✧
SELECT CLIENT LIST
- Institute for Nature Conservation of Serbia
- Wikimedia Serbia
- Nišville Jazz Festival - Art to go Jazzy
- International Rufford Small Grants Conference - Explore and protect the natural beauty of Balkans, 27th and 28th September, 2018. Silver Lake, Serbia
- Researchers' Night held within the project “The road to Friday of Science – ReFocusS”, H2020-MSCA-NIGHT-2016-ReFocuS-722341
- Actual problems and modern methodology of scientific researched in biology - Center for the Promotion of Science
- The Rufford Fondation (UK)
- Wikimedia Serbia
- Biological Society "Dr. Sava Petrovic"
- Hidden Serbia
- Wild Balkans